Speakers & Lectures
As part of an academic community, Tannenbaum Chabad House brings exciting speaks to campus to engage students. These programs either follow a Shabbat Dinner at Chabad House or are often co-sponsored with other groups on weekdays. Some recent speakers include:
- A Guide for the Romantically Perplexed: How Jewish Ideas Can Help You With a Long-Lasting Sex Life
Lisa AIken, psychologist and author of 13 books on romance, dating, marriage, and women
- Judaism & The Death Penalty
Rabbi Shalom Kohn, Attorney at Law, Law Offices of Sidney, Austin, Brown, & Wood
- Anti-Zionism: The Blood-Brother of Anti-Semitism: An Examination of Two Converging Hatred and Its Impact on World Jewry
Bernie Farber, Executive Director of the Canadian Jewish Congress, Ontario Region
- Have We Met the Strategic Objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom?
Lt. Elan S. Carr, JAG Officer, United State Army
- Can an Observant Jew Succeed in Corporate America?
Mary Bishop, Former President, Leo Burnett Company
- If You Think Slavery Ended in 1865, Think Again: A Discussion on Darfur
Francis Bok, an escaped slave from Sudan, and Charles Jacobs, President, American Anti-Slavery Group